Yesterday, state agencies and departments presented Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Legislative Budget Requests (LBRs). Agencies were required to include a 5 percent reduction in recurring state funds (general revenue and state trust funds). Highlights from the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Children and Families (DCF) recommendations are included below.
AHCA Proposed Reductions for FY 2014-15
- Reduction to outpatient hospital reimbursement rates by 5.525 percent, resulting in a $87 million cut;
- Reduction to inpatient hospital reimbursement rates by 5.525 percent, resulting in a $289.7 million cut;
- Reduction to nursing home and hospice reimbursement rates by 5.525 percent, resulting in a $180 million cut
- Elimination of one-time DRG transition payments funded in the FY2013-14
- Reduction in Medically Needy eligibility to 100 percent FPL and below
View AHCA LBR documents online.
DOH Proposed Reductions for FY 2014-15
- Reduction in funding of $2 million to the Healthy Start program
- Elimination of the South Florida AIDS Network
- Reduction in funding of $1 million to the AIDS Insurance Continuation Program
View DOH LBR documents online.
DCF Proposed Reductions for FY 2014-15
- Reduction to Community Mental Health Program
- Reduction in Civil Commitment Program funding of $10,303,259
- Reduction in forensic facility funding of $3,225,799, would result in the closure of approximately 52 secure forensic beds in a state operated or contracted forensic mental health treatment facility.
View DCF LBR documents online.
For more information, contact Karen Zeiler, senior vice president, at (850) 222-9800.