Nearly 4 million low-income individuals and families obtain health care coverage through Florida's Medicaid program. Jointly funded by the state and federal government, Florida's Medicaid program is available to children, pregnant women, low-income individuals and the aged or disabled.
For each dollar spent serving patients, the Federal government funds 61 percent of Florida's Medicaid program, while the remaining 39 percent is funded by state and local governments, or taxes on health care providers such as hospitals and nursing homes. While the state administers the program, the Federal government establishes parameters.
Florida's Medicaid Managed Care program and the Low Income Pool (LIP) - our state's supplemental payment fund for hospital uncompensated care - are authorized under a Section 1115 Waiver.
For more information, contact FHA Vice President for Government Affairs