FHA issued a Call to Action on Nov. 20, 2017, for Florida hospitals to focus their efforts on preventing ventilator-associated infections. Patients developing infection-related ventilator-associated complications (IVAC) are at high risk for outcomes such as pneumonia, peptic ulcer disease, gastrointestinal bleeding, aspiration, venous thromboembolic events and sepsis that can lead to death.
The FHA Quality Team has put together resources, education and trainings to help hospitals implement strategies to prevent IVAC.
Health Resource & Educational Trust (HRET):
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ):
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
Johns Hopkins Medicine:
Coaching Calls: For hospitals struggling with IVAC, the FHA Quality Team is available for one-on-one coaching calls.
Training and Education
Upcoming In-Person Meetings:
- WAKE UP to Protect Patients from Harm Related to Oversedation
- Apr. 17, 2018 | Jacksonville, FL (Register Online)
- Apr. 19, 2018 | Weston, FL (Register Online)
- Jun. 12, 2018 | Orlando, FL (Registration coming soon)
- Jun. 14, 2018 | Pensacola, FL (Registration coming soon)
IVAC Bi-Monthly Webinars (first Thursday of each month, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. ET):